Friday, June 3, 2016

Hello Gorgeous ~ Power Poppy


I'm baaaaaaack!!  Finally!  It's been awhile since I've posted.  Shoot, it's been awhile since I've colored.  I kind of got in my own head, and just couldn't get started.  I'm sure y'all know how that is.  Well, I finally just told myself to just start, and here's the result.  

http://powerpoppy.blogspot.com/
My dear friend Cindy has issued this month's Power and Spark Challenge.  And true to form, it's a thoughtful one!  Cindy has a heart of gold and this challenge speaks to that.  Here are the guidelines:  

The Happy Mail Challenge! How many times have you created a card only to have it sit in a basket waiting for that perfect occasion? This time, let’s flip that around and create a card with someone in mind and then, slap a stamp on that baby and put it in the mail! Keep in mind, we want this to be a card “just because.” Sure special occasions are important, but we want this one to be about simply sharing the love – not for birthdays or graduations or anniversaries—a “just because you care” kind of card for someone you’ve had on your mind. The challenge runs through June 30th at 8PM EST for a chance at a Power Poppy stamp set of choice. 

Isn't that so cool?!?!?!  
So, for today's card, I used an image from Power Poppy's Best Day Ever set.  I thought the hat and sunglasses just fit for this time of year...considering we're sporting the 100's this week for temps.  I don't think I'll be reading outside anytime soon though.  

I colored everything with Copics, however, it was a bit bright for the Modern/Vintage (Is that even a thing?  Probably not, but that's how this feels to me...vintage with a twist...*grin*...I'm making up my own rules.), so I went over the entire image with E30, and it toned it down just enough.

CopicsHat ~ BG0000, BG07, BG05, BG01 Ribbon/Sunglasses ~ R29, R08, R05 Flower ~ C6, C4, C3, C1 Book ~ C3, C1, E41 Scarf ~ YG17, YG07, YG05, YG11 Background ~ E43, E42, E41 Overall ~ E30

https://www.facebook.com/groups/PassionatePaperCreationsandFriends/
Wait, there's more... Power Poppy is busy this weekend!!  We're being featured over on the Passionate Paper Creations and Friends Facebook page HERE too.

What does this mean? Well, it means that not only will Power Poppy creations be featured on that page but we have a little contest – and SALE--- running too! Here’s the blurb for the contest….
Power Poppy's Color Your Way to Win
Play along and be a Power Poppy Peep all weekend long! Grab your favorite coloring medium and let’s see what you’ve got. Feeling fruity? Ready to Blossom? Need to crank up the tunes? We feel your passion! Now, put it on paper and show us your finished colored Power Poppy image. Put your link as a comment in this post on Passionate Paper Crafters & Friends' Facebook page and we’ll draw one lucky winner to nab a $25 gift code to the Power Poppy Shop. Want to stock up on Power Poppy stamps to play along? Enter discount code MORECOLOR at checkout to get 10% off any clear or digital stamp sets that your little heart desires! We can’t wait to see what you pick and help make blossom with your creative skills. Come see us at powerpoppy.com.

Whew...that's finally it for today.  Now, if you haven't already, stop by the following Bloom Brigaders for some more inspiration!!
Thanks a bunch for dropping by!!  I hope you've been inspired to get to coloring, or creating!!

  Happy Stamping!
 
______________________________________________________________________________

StampsBest Day Ever (Power Poppy)
Paper:  X-Press It, Amour (Carta Bella), Black and White (PTI)
Ink:  Printer and Antique Linen (Ranger Distress)
Dies:  Stitched Rounded Rectangle (Die-namics)
Accessories:  Copics, Sequins (Pretty Pink Posh), Twine, Fabric Covered Brad (The Paper Studio) 

5 comments:

Olga said...

Love the image and coloring.

Leslie Miller said...

Lots going on, for sure! I know how easy it is to get out of the stamping habit, but then once I start up again I have to make myself move on to other things. Step away from the stamping! You've come back with something fabulous as per usual. Love this summery image and your beachy looking stripes, and that polka dot brad is so cute! Isn't that just the perfect greeting? Love this challenge!

Lisa Lara said...

Absolute perfection Tosha.

ChristineCreations said...

Those black borders make everything pop and such great colouring too Tosh, glad you got out of your head and put your fingers to work magic :)

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Tosh, I know exactly what you mean about getting back and just starting to color. So glad to see your amazing and gorgeous card! I love the image and had to check out on my chart what E30 was -- very cool idea to "vintage" down the "modern" look -- hehe! And, yes, we make up our own rules. That's all part of making cards...our own rules! Yes, ma'am! Truly, I love the beautifully colored image and how the striped DP really adds pizzazz along with that great fabric brad! Love the polka dots on it!! Beautifully done, and I know I'll be seeing another card too!! And I love this new challenge myself, because I need a "kick-start" too! Big hugs, sweet friend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs