Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Happy 25th Anniversary ~ the best is yet to be!



I'm sharing this project over at the Team Talk Inspiration blog today, and normally I would share just a sneak peek here on my blog, but, in just a few days, my husband and I will be celebrating our 25th Wedding Anniversary, and I just wanted to share that here too.  I've never seen my husband without a mustache, so I knew I wanted a make a card using the mustache stamp from the WMS set My Kind of Guy.  And, being that he's a farmer, I also wanted to make my card rustic.  So I used the Woodgrain set for the background, along with the Woodenheart Alphabet and the fun Playful Pinwheels set,  because of it's playful sentiments.  We rarely act super serious.



I started by die cutting out a square from my main panel, and stamping it using the Woodgrain background stamp.  I then added some wood texture to it by embossing it with the Spellbinders M-Bossabilities Bricks and Bark folder, and sanding it.

For the weaved background, I laid double stick tape around the edges of the opening and laid out strips of twine to weave.  After weaving it, I laid another square of kraft card stock, that I had diecut the same size square out of, on the back of it to hide the leftover weave strands.  To the bottom corner, I added a "wooden nickle" type sentiment with a 1" punched circle that I had stamped with the Woodgrain background first.  I added the number "25" along with the abbreviation "No." to the nickle.  I had to add the sentiment "the best is yet to be"...because frankly, I truly believe our marriage just gets better and better with time.


The "date" stamp, from the My Kind of Guy set, fit perfectly to include our wedding date, and that sums up my card.  I hope I've inspired you to get out your Waltzingmouse Stamp sets and mix 'em up a bit.  That's one of the many reasons I love Claire's stamp sets so much.  There are endless combinations!!

Happy Stamping my friends!!
__________________________________________________________________

Paper:  Kraft and Vintage Cream (PTI)
Ink:  Onyx Black and Smokey Gray (Versafine), Tea Leaves and Jumbo Java (VersaMagic), Olive Grove and Pistachio (Memento), Walnut Stain and Black Soot (Ranger Distress)
Accessories:  Square dies and Bricks and Bark Embossing Folder (Spellbinders), 1" and 1 1/8" Circle Punches (SU!), Twine, Library Clip (SU!), Mini-Paper Clip and Mini-Stapler (Tim Holtz), Metal Studs (Basicgrey), Sanding Block

4 comments:

Michelle Rodgers said...

LOVE this card, this post, and you know I love you!!! Happy Anniversary, my dear friend! I truly hope the best IS yet to be! ♥

Angella D. Crockett said...

Ooooh, congrats on 25 years!!! Wishing you and your hubs the happiest anniversary!!! Your card is awesome, BTW....very cool design!! HUGS!!!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh Wow that is just Fantastic, love the way you used the twine, very cool, I have only seen my husband without his mustache when we were in school and when our daughter was young he shaved it off, but grew it right back.
Happy Anniversary!!

Marisa said...

Happy Anniversary!!!! Adore this! The mesh made from twine is fabulous and the mustache is perfect indeed :) Blessings to you two and cheers for 25 more years together!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs