Monday, April 29, 2013

Pom-pom Flower tutorial

 

Hello my crafty friends!  Sadly, today is my last guest blogging post for Really Reasonable Ribbon.  I have had so much fun working with their fantastic ribbons, laces and trims, and have been so inspired by their varieties!  Today I made a flower much like the last ones I shared, except the center is quite different.  I just took their Mini pom-poms, and rolled them up and woila!  
I love how they look in the center of a flower!!
The sentiment and frame are from the newly released Waltzingmouse Stamps set My Kind of Guy.  All the sentiments are individual making it easy to stamp with different colors and arrange how you want them!

 

For the gathered flower, I used White Netting and Wired Faux Burlap White.
I also added some Ric Rac Trim, and a wee bit of Claudia White Crochet Lace, that's mostly covered by the image panel, to the background.

 

 Here's how I made the flower center.
The Pom-Poms have a perfect edge for gluing, and depending on how you roll it, it can be flat, or have a lot of depth.



Here I added some Diamond Stickles to give it a bit of sparkle.  I think it even stands alone quite well.


Here's a card I made with the Pom-Pom Flower as the focus, using a quote from Our Daily Bread Designs' Stamp set Quote Collection three.  I also wrapped the card with some True Black Hemp from the Earthy Collection. The background is just a collage of Washi Tape.

That's it for me today, and this month.  
I'd like to thank Bonnie for inviting me to Guest Design for RRR this month.  Bonnie's a gem to work with and this has truly been a pleasure.    I felt very welcome over there!!  
Head on over to the Really Reasonable Ribbon Ramblings for some more fabulous ribbon inspiration!!

Happy Crafting ya'll!!
_________________________________________________________________________

So Very Kind
Stamps:  My Kind of Guy (Waltzingmouse Stamps)
Paper:   Cool Summer (Carta Bella), White (PTI)
Ink:  Sea Breeze, Persimmon and Tea Leaves (VersaMagic), Onyx Black and Smokey Gray (Versafine)
Accessories:  Mini White pom-poms, White Netting, Wired Faux Burlap White,  Ric Rac Trim,
Claudia White Crochet Lace,
(Really Reasonable Ribbon), Paper Border Punch (EK Success)

Faith
Stamps:  Quote Collection 3 (Our Daily Bread Designs)
Paper:  White (PTI)
Ink:  Onyx Black (Versafine), Antique Linen (Ranger Distress)
Accessories:  Mini Pom Poms White, Hemp (RRR), Washi Tape, Button (PTI), Velvet Leaves (Prima), Diamond Stickles

7 comments:

Bonnie Garby said...

What a beautiful card and ribbon flower Tosh! Thanks so much for guest designing for us this month at Really Reasonable Ribbon!

Marisa said...

Great flower! Love the frame around the sentiment and the ric rak too :)

Wanda Cullen said...

WOW! Stunning flowers and cards!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Gorgeous Tosh! I love the frame and the different colours of ink you used for the sentiments. I could see that pom pom center in brown as a sunflower seed center...

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Tosh! So grateful you featured the mini pompoms because I've been looking everywhere locally for them and have not found them! I have placed an order with RRR. Your flowers look fabulous, and as always, your cards are beyond imaginative, and so heartfelt. hugs, de
{Creative Smiles}

Cards By Jan said...

Hi Tosh...love your flower centers!!

Kelley said...

Wow, so cool!! Great flowers!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs