Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Thinkin' about ya...

I have a quick post to share with ya'll today. I made this card for the Teapot Tuesday Challenge over on SCS using the Waltzingmouse Sketch #64 designed by Anya. For the Teapot challenge we were to include flourishes. Well, Waltzingmouse has the most gorgeous flourishes imho, so I set to work to make them the focal point. Our Teapot Destination is fellow SCSer, Michelle, who's had a lot of tough events thrown at her lately. Hope this makes ya smile Michelle!! :)

I started off by embossing flourishes, from the WMS set Flourishes-Scallops and Dots, with black ep, and adding a few I-Rock Rhinestones. I then added a little sentiment flag using the WMS set Frame It, and a banner from the Nested Pennants die by Spellbinders. Lastly, I added a some Black Burlap string and a sweet little butterfly by Pizzazz Aplenty. It's a pretty simple and straightforward card, but I like the simple elegance of it.

Be sure to check out the WMS sketch challenge, and the two newest Mischief Makers Teresa and Renee!! They're both super talented and super sweet!

post signature

_____________________________________________________

Stamps: Flourishes-Scallops and Dots and Frame It (Waltzingmouse)
Paper: PTI
Ink: Versamark and Onyx Black (Versafine)
Accessories: Nested Pennants die (Spellbinders), Corner Rounder, Rhinestones (I-Rock), Burlap String (May Arts), Butterfly (Pizzazz Aplenty)

6 comments:

Norma said...

Beautiful card!! loveit and TFS
Hugs
Norma

Keva said...

Ooh..this is beautiful! I'm a flourish fan, so this really catches my eye. Lovely!

Marisa said...

Fabulous take on the sketch, Tosh! Love the bits of bling on the flourishes.

Lynn Mercurio said...

This is simply beautiful, Tosha. The stark black against the blue is such an elegant combination. Amazing!

Michelle said...

GORGEOUS!

Conniecrafter said...

pretty, I like the gems throughout the flourishes, sweet butterfly

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs