Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Embrace Life CAS style

Wow, the weekend is almost here!! But, today is Thursday, and that means another CCEE Stamper's Challenge. This week we were to use Embossing Folders somewhere on your card. If you don't have embossing folders, you could use a stencil and a stylus.

I used a Sizzix Embossing folder for my bg, and framed it with some scored lines that I made with my Scor-Buddy. I used an EK success punch along the border.

I made this a CAS card because my stamp room is still in the works. The painting is done, I'm just moving stuff back in and organizing. Man...it sure was a lot faster moving everything out. :)

For the main image, I stamped the flower from Verve's set Great Friend, onto some K&Company dp with Versamark, and embossed it with white ep. I then cut each layer out and popped it up with dimensional tape. I used a sentiment "Embrace Life" from Verve's set Dream Big. The stem was made with the Sizzix Flourish #9 die.

For the flower center, I added some Viva Decor Transparent Gel and glitter. I also added some glitter dots along the stem. They're hard to see since they're white on white, but if you click on the photos, you can see them, and the flower center better.

That's it for my simple card today. Be sure to head on over to the CCEE Stamper's Blog to see what the other girls came up with. We'd love to have you join us also.

Happy stamping!!
Tosh

10 comments:

ChristineCreations said...

OH wow...that embossing just looks amazing against the flower Tosh! So pretty!

Cindy Haffner said...

Tosh your card is STUNNING!!! I LOVE everything you do.

Yvonne Hagane said...

Wow that flower is just about to pop off the page! Beautiful colors and great, simple design. I`m all with Cindy - I love everything you do also!
Hugs.

Betty Wright said...

Gorgeous, Tosh! The paper pieced flower with the white embossing is beautiful! Lovely card!

Unknown said...

Oh wow! Simply gorgeous! I love that embossed background and the flourish flower stem is stunning, not to mention the flower itself!!!

wannabcre8tive said...

Tosh, this is such a beauty. I love the CAS cards. Hope you are getting everything all organized in your new office.

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Beautiful, Tosh! Are you going to show us pictures of your remodeled stamp room?

Joanne (jojot) said...

wow......really caught my eye...first the beautifully vibrant bloom, but then the rich texture.....truly fabulous

Davi said...

That is a beautiful embossed background and I love your wonderful pieced flower. :)

Nikki Schmaltz said...

I'm always struggling to figure out what I want to be when I grow up and then I pop in to see your blog full of wonderfulness and I think I might like to be you:) What beautiful stuff. I love your felt flower too. Um...where's the tut?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs