Thursday, November 11, 2010

Veteran's Day and a Christmas Card

Veterns Day Pictures, Images and Photos

Before I get to my card, I want to give a shout out to all the Veterans who have sacrificed so much so we can feel safe!! Thank you to you, and all your families from the bottom of my heart!!



Okay, now for the card I have to share with you today. Do you ever make a card, photograph it, edit it, upload it, and finally realize you made a mistake? Nope, me either. *grin* NOT!! Well, looking at this card now, I'm releasing a huge sigh of regret. I meant to have the lighter panel on the left instead of the right in order to have more contrast between the sentiment tag, and the buttons. But alas, the card is up, and I'd have to start from scratch. So NOT going to happen. LOL Anyway, I really loved this week's Mojo Monday Sketch #164. And I knew the papers I wanted to use right off. Not to mention how perfect Verve's new Vintage Oval Frame and Die would be in the sketch!! So I set to work stamping the Oval die with Onyx Black Versafine, and then stamping the sentiment from the set Merry Wishes inside it. And how perfect to add on the little tab "from all of us". Sweet!!

Well, since it's Thursday, that means there's a CCEE challenge to incorporate too. Our challenge this week, provided by the sweet Cindy Haffner, was to have a store bought flower on your card or project. Easy for me, since I have a HUGE (seriously...it's almost a sin) stash of flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts. Head on over to the CCEE Stamper's blog to see how the rest of the gals incorporated flowers into their projects. We'd love to have you join our challenge too!! :o)

Lastly, I added some ribbon, buttons, a Jillibean Soup Sugar Pick, and some sewing to finish off the card.

And I want to take a moment to thank all those who offered sweet wishes concerning my camera fiasco!!! The surgery went well, and he's made a complete recovery. Thanks to the ever capable camera repair man, the glass shards were removed, as well as the UV filter with no damage. He even made me feel better when he showed me his "damaged filter stash". So, I'm not the only one!! LOL And oh, Danielle, you made me feel so much better with your story. Although, I'm so sorry for all your camera losses.

I tell ya, the stamping world is filled with warm and wonderful souls, and I'm so grateful to be a part of that incredible group!! Thanks guys!!

Happy Stamping!!
Tosh

Stamps: Vintage Oval Frame, Merry Wishes
Paper: Oasis (SEI), Spring Willow Medium (Prism), White and Ivory (PTI)
Ink: Onyx Black Versafine
Accessories: Vintage Oval Frame Die (Verve), Copics, Buttons (PTI), Ribbon (SU!), Flower (Wild Orchid Crafts), Sugar Pick (Jillibean Soup), Rhinestones (Kaisercraft), Border Punch (Martha Stewart), Twine (May Arts)

16 comments:

Jerri Jimenez said...

downright gorgeous! Love the papers, the flower and stick pin are the perfect touch!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous, Toshy-pooh!

Keva said...

I adore those papers and love the way you used them. I think the lighter panel looks cool on that side and not sure i would have even given it a thought if you had not mentioned it. Really pretty card! Thanks for the V Day shout out..my hubby leaves -again- next week going back overseas for 6 months. Ugh...it totally sucks!

Joanne (jojot) said...

What a beauty......your cards ARE your Christmas gifts...this is simply gorgeous no matter what YOU feel about the contrast....get over it, cutie.....you are a rockin'

Maureen said...

glad to hear the camera problem is solved :) AND I had to laugh because, yes, I take photos of my cards and then when I go to edit them, notice something has fallen off, or quite often, a tiny piece of loose thread or ribbon is showing that I didn't notice while taking the picture...very frustrating because I'm a bit anal about what I post....gorgeous card...love the buttons :)

Cindy Haffner said...

BEAUTIFUL Tosh.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Just beautiful, Tosh! I think it's perfect just as it is! And I'm so glad to hear your camera is alive and kicking!

Judy Rozema said...

Love the stitching and the color choices you made!

Carolyn King said...

Beautiful card...and I like the panels that way...no worries. I don't think you have EVER made a card that is less that drop dead gorgeous...sigh! if only all of us had your abilities.

Hooray for the camera fixer dude!

StampOwl said...

Missed this yesterday, love your card and your flower. Glad to hear I am not the only one that loves Wild Orchid .. got more on the way hehe!

America said...

OOOh, FAB colors, embellies and sewing.

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Love this colour combo for Christmas...so crisp! Your stitching is just way too perfect...I don't know how you do that LOL! Beautiful card Tosh!

Silke Ledlow said...

TOTALLY MOJO-LICIOUS CARD TOSH! Hugs ~S~

wannabcre8tive said...

Tosha, your card is beautiful. I think the panel would have looked great on either side. Nice to know I am not the only one that only notices after the photograph that I have a problem. Love your choice of the white flower and the stick pin.

Joan Ervin said...

I love your card just the way it is, Tosh...such beautiful papers and colors and I love all your perfect sewing!!! Your use of details is amazing, girl...the buttons look awesome all lined up and I love the classy looking stick pin!!!!

Leslie Miller said...

Very pretty, Tosh! Not a soul but you would give a thought to those buttons, but I know how a thing like that could bug the heck out of you. Your card is absolutely lovely!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs