Thursday, April 1, 2010

My Silly Critter for April Fools Day...

It's Thursday!! Already!! The week is almost over!! Man does time fly!! Well, since it's a new month now...April 1....yikes!! Charlene has some fabulous challenges lined up for us. This week, we were to use some silly critters in honor of April Fools day. Well, I don't own many critters. Doesn't an owl in diapers constitute as silly? Well, I think she's just absolutely adorable too. I LOVE this tree with the little carved heart on it. And this sweet little owl? There's a little boy owl, buggy, squirrel and bird in this Night Owl set (My cute Stamps) too. Everything was stamped with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink and colored with Copics. Pretty easy.

Now I have to admit something too, that some may have noticed already. I tried my Copic airbrush for the first time. Now I've had it for probably half a year, but I'm really bad at trying new tools without being shown how to use them. I'm not going to be getting better at that anytime too soon either. I had a horrible time with that thing....splotches, splotches, splotches, no matter what I did. Anyone wanna come to California and give me a demonstration? That thing gave me FITS!!! You can see by the tree that that baby had something against me. *sigh*

Okay, enough whining, you should really go check out what silly critters the other CCEE girls have been working with. We'd love to see what critters you have on hand too. Just link up your creation with Mr. Linky on the CCEE Stamper's Blog found HERE.

Thanks so much for stopping by!
I hope you've been having a fantastic week!!
Happy Stamping my friends!
Tosh

11 comments:

StampOwl said...

An owl silly .... NEVER bwahahahaha but I agree with the adorable part ... you are trying to tempt me aren't ya. You did a great job on your airbrushing too ... keep playing with it.

Smita said...

Very cute image!

Unknown said...

Cute, cute, SUPER cute! Love that adorable owl on this sweet card!!!

Yogi said...

that's so cute. Love all the white space.

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

Me! Me! Pick me!!! I saw it demonstrated once over a year ago, but would love to come to CA and play! :-)

Your card is absolutely adorable, Tosh, and an owl wearing diapers is definitely a humorous critter!

(P.S. JoJo is the hostess with the mostest this month.)

Anonymous said...

Such a cute little owl and love the pink undies. I like the heart in the tree, too. I am sure there will be carved initials around it soon. *grin*

I don't know how to use the airbrush, but I wouldn't mind coming along to see how it is used so I hope Charlene will stop and pick me up.

We might even take her to the tea house and let her have some surprises. Hee

Cindy Haffner said...

Very SWEET.

Joanne (jojot) said...

and.....I will come and hold anything that needs to be held during the airbrushing session.....promise I'll do a good job.....

and yep, an owl in diapers definitely fits the definition of a silly critter.....wonderful card, my friend.....even when you are doing silly.....

LorettaL said...

The diaper on the owlet and that little hair clip made me smile!!!

Happy Easter, Tosh!

Yvonne Hagane said...

Oh, I just love the simplicity of this card, Tosh! I`s too cute!!

Ann Marie Governale said...

Aw-
Great card. I just started with my copic airbrush, too. Must use sketch markers and the chisel tip in vertical position. Other than that, it should go well. If you use the brush tip, you will get splotchy spots. It is designed to do that but the chisel end and SLOW hand movement should give you the effect you need.

I am struggling with the Just Rite stamps as I keep getting an ink line around the image whenever I stamp without the border. What am I doing WRONG???

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs