Sunday, September 20, 2009

Poinsettia Flower

Happy Monday!! Boy this weekend flew by. I didn't even do anything really exciting. Unless, of course, you call reorganizing a stamp room exciting. It's amazing what you can find while organizing. *grin*

Well, it's time for our weekly CCEE Challenge, and this week Frances challenged us to make a Flower Pot Pocket card. You can find the tutorial on SCS HERE. I've never made one of these before, and had a blast making it. I LOVE to make flowers, so I made my own Poinsettias with Punch Bunch Punches. I learned how to make these from a fabulous book called "Paper Bouquet" by Susan Tierney Cockburn. Her instructions are very easy to follow!

I made my pot a bit bigger than the SCS Tutorial calls for to accommodate my Poinsettias. Instead of 3 1/2" x 9", I made mine 5 1/2" x 11". The paper I used, to cover my Suede Brown Dark Flower Pot, is from the Christmas Past Collection by Graphic 45. LOVE this yummy stuff! I also added some Icicle Stickles to the flower centers, and Walnut Stain Distress Stickles to the Doodle Parts (Spellbinders). The little flourish on the right is a Sizzix die (SU!)


I Love the sentiment on the inside. I think the holly and the flourishes are fabulous. It's called Holiday Expressions by Inkadinkado, and it has a bunch more beautiful Christmas sentiments in the set also. You'll be seeing more projects with these sentiments. They're truly beautiful. And there's a sweet little Santa too with stars. Charming!!

Now surely you don't want to miss what flowerpots the other CCEEers have designed. Head on over the CCEE Stampers blog! We'd love to see your flowerpots too, so please join us!!

Stamps: Holiday Expressions
Paper: Christmas Past (Graphic 45), Ledger Paper Pad (Making Memories), Suede Brown Dark, Blush Red Dark, Herbal Garden Dark (Prismatics)
Ink: Vintage Photo (Ranger Distress Ink), Vintage Sepia (Versafine)
Accessories: Mega Giant Dahlia Petals, Medium Snowflake, Samll Sun and Small Stamens (Punch Bunch), Icicle and Walnut Stain Distress Stickles, Buttons (PTI), Chocolate Satin Ribbon (May Arts), Border Punch (Martha Stewart), Doodle Parts (Spellbinders), Flourish (Sizzix - SU!), Mini Multicolored Rhinestones (Zva Creative), Sewing Machine, Dimensional Tape (Scotch), Ivory Burlap String (May Arts), Scor-Tape

Thank you so much for dropping by!
Have a fabulous week!!
Happy Stamping!

16 comments:

Lisa Phillippi llelsik@aol.com said...

OMG I love your Poinsettias! I love making flowers too! I got to take a class from Susan Tierney Cockburn-now I teach classes om flowers locally. Yours are great...I love the larger flower pot, your stitching, the colors...Everything!!!

Rose Ann said...

INCREDIBLE, Tosh!! I have not seen a prettier sample of this type of card...and your poinsettias are gorgeous!!

StampOwl said...

You rocked this challenge Tosh, love your flowers wow! And yes I see we did use the same punch hehe.

Cindy Haffner said...

Your flowers are gorgeous Tosh!!

Dawn said...

oh Tosh....I bow to the Queen of beauty! this is just gorgeous... awesome job on our challenge!

Unknown said...

OMGosh....those poinsettia are SO life-like! Awesome, Tosha! Truly an awesome job!

Betty Wright said...

GASP!!! Gorgeous and so beautifully detailed!!! Beautiful ensemble, Tosh!!!

Charlene Merrick (LilLuvsStampin) said...

This GORGEOUS creation is definitely a show stopper, Tosh! Oh my goodness, how I love this! Your poinsettias look so real. Thanks for the resource, too, as I'd like to check out Susan's book.

Gabriela said...

As soon as I opened your blog, I gasped. My initial reaction was, "Tosha put real poinsettias into her paper pot!" This is sensational - breath taking actually. You humble me every day.

Carolyn King said...

TOTALLY GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

auntie lisa said...

WOW! This is so beautiful. I just love the pointsettias they look so realistic. So I suppose we couldn't twist your arm to do a tutorial on this...could we? No pressure. Thanks for all your projects you never disappoint.
Hugs Lisa

dpkennedy said...

Ooh, this is the best flower pot card I have seen yet! Gorgeous!

Silke Ledlow said...

WOW - WOW - WOW!!! Stunning!!! I love this flower pot card - it looks so real - he,he,he!!! You rocked this challenge - GF!!! Hugs ~S~

Jerri Kay said...

Oh my gosh, Tosh, I love it! I have got to go check out this tutorial and try one of these . . .you know me with flowers . . . LOL! Your design is gorgeous!

cHARLENE d said...

JUST DARLING! i WOULD LOVE TO SEE THE RECIEPE FOR THE DALIAH FLOWERS.

Conniecrafter said...

so pretty, I just can't get over how real the petals look the texture of them is awesome!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs