Sunday, April 12, 2009

Scrap Happy while sewing a wavy border

It's time again for my weekly CCEE challenge. This week Cindy Haffner picked Scrapgirl as our CNFS (Catchy Name Featured Stamper) from SCS for us to make a card for. We were challenged to make a card with a girl image and scraps.

I thought it would be fun to sew my scraps together and thought the new Wavy border punch by EK success would be fun to use. The border shape and the holes make it easy to sew together. I just lined up the waves, linking them, glued them to the Papaya Puree Light cs, pierced the holes and hand sewed with embroidery floss. I love the look and feel of the finished panel. (All the edges of the panels were ink distressed with Old Paper before assembling.)

I chose this darling Sarah Kay Image called Precious Moments, stamped it with Tuxedo Black (Memento) onto Simply Smooth cs (Prism), and colored it with copics. I gave it some dimension with layers and dimensional tape.

I made the sentiment Medallion with the Times Roman 25pt upper and Lowercase fonts. I then used the Long Rectangles (Nestabilities - Spellbinders) to frame my image, and the circle and circle Scallops (Nestabilities - Spellbinders) for the medallion. The flower was made with Martha Stewart and Carl CarlaCraft punches. The flower center is a Black Pearl (Kaisercraft).

If you'd like to see what the other girls have come up with for this challenge, head on over to our CCEE Stamper's blog. We'd love to have you participate in the challenge too. Just make a card with some scraps and a girl image and link it with your comment HERE.

Thank you so much for stopping by. I hope you all had a Blessed Easter!!
Happy Stamping!!
Tosh


Supplies:
Stamps - Precious Moments (Sarah Kay), Times Roman (JustRite)
Paper - DCWV, Papaya Puree Light, Iced Teal, Simply Smooth, Cryogen White (Prismatics)
Ink - Tuxedo Black (Memento), Old Paper (Ranger Distress Ink)
Accessories - Copics, Cuttlebug, Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Piercing Tool, Mat Pack (SU), Embroidery Floss, Flower and leave Punches (Martha Stewart and Carl CarlaCraft), Wavy border Punch (EK Success), Black Pearl (Kaisercraft), Dimensional Tape

19 comments:

StampOwl said...

gorgeous Tosh lots of scraps used here and sewing too

Judy Covey said...

Tosh, Love your card and the great sewing job. I'm going to have to check out the wavy border punch, didn't know that it even existed.

Sandra MacLean said...

What a great idea Tosh to sew the pieces together using that punch as a guide! Love the sweetness of this card and the colors feel like spring...now if the weather would just catch on! LOL

Anonymous said...

I just love the Sarah kay stamps. You did a darling job with this card.

Denise Marzec said...

OMG, what a.....DELIGHTFUL....card. Everything is so pretty, Tosh! I love the Papaya shade (I need to get mine out and play), the papers are so soft and go so well, and THIS Sarah Kay is one of my very favs. You coloring is beautiful. Love it, my friend.

Linda said...

This card is absolutely adorable! Love the papers you used... the colors are fabulous. And, you can't beat a Sarah Kay country image! I love this card :)

Unknown said...

WOW! I love the color palette you chose, and your coloring is FAB, as always!!! Hand sewing? I can barely sew with a machine! Awesome job, my friend!!!

Conniecrafter said...

such pretty papers and darling image, great coloring, and your stitching is so cool, Love it!

Cindy Haffner said...

Super cute Tosh love your scraps.

Amy Johnson said...

This is such a creative idea! I love it! TFS!

Silke Ledlow said...

OMG - how soft and gorgeous!!!Love the different elements you've added and your stitching looks wonderful!!!

retiredheather said...

Wonderful card. Love the sewing...great job.
Hugs
Heather

Unknown said...

I grew up with Precious Moments. I had some of their books and loved these images. This card instantly brought me back to happy childhood memories. Also, hand sewing something... I have to try this now. I just hope it's not for a project that I have to make multiple cards :)
Thanks for sharing
Sue

Alex said...

Such a pretty card Tosh, I love all the fun details - so soft and beautiful and the stitching looks amazing! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

ChristineCreations said...

Oh MY WORD look at your sewing! GASP! This is so adorable and beautifully hand crafted girl!

Jane Wetzel said...

OMG! GORGEOUS!!!!! Love this Tosh! :)

Joan Ervin said...

WOW, Tosh...your coloring is gorgeous and just look at all that hand sitiching...FABULOUS!!!!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Oh my goodness is this the sweetest! Awwwww. . .I just want to hug her!

Gail said...

So country! I love it! Reminds me of visiting Grandma durring the summer. She always had those flowery sheets. They alsways made things special.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs