Wednesday, June 11, 2008

A Fresh New Day!


I love doing the SKETCH from Splitcoaststampers. Rox always chooses such inspiring layouts! Todays layout was perfect for this darling little group of Penny Black images called Fresh New Day. The set has a variety of images like this cute little lamb, a darling owl, flowers, ladybugs, and more!! I loved the little bird on the lamb's tail, and the cute little bee that seems to long to join the conversation.
I used the Floral Fantasy and Swiss Dots Embossing Folders by cuttlebug to give some texture to the card. I LOVE these folders!! The sentiment on the Ribbon Tag at the top is a Spellbinders diecut! Sorry about the poor doodling. The perfect case of not knowing when to stop. *groan* The sentiment is from Hero's Arts' Thinking of you clear design set. It has such an awesome variety of sentiments with different fonts!! I use it constantly!! And finally, the dp paper is Flirt by Memory Box. Love their papers!!
The flowers are ghost flowers by making memories that I got from my dear friend Frances. Thanks Hoots!!

I colored that precious little lamb and bird with my copics, and all the panels are raised with mounting tape. My favorite tape to use is Scotch's Mounting tape. It's not as thick as other tape, so it gives you options of how high you want the panels. You can double it up for more depth, or make the dimensions more subtle with only one layer. Just a little tip.

Thanks for stopping by.

Supplies:
Stamps - Fresh New Day (Penny Black), Thinking of You clear design (Hero Arts)
Paper - Flirt (Memory Box), Real Red, So Saffron, Regal Rose (Stampin' Up), White (Papertrey)
Ink - Black Soot (Ranger Distress Ink)
Accessories - Ghost flowers (Making Memories) Fancy Florals, Swiss Dots embossing folders (Cuttlebug), Ribbon (offray), brads, Tag (Spellbinders), dimensional tape, copics

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Awesome...totally awesome. I love everything about your adorable card. And you did a fabulous job putting it all together. Actually, I LOVE your doodling. :-)

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Tosh, this is too stinkin' CUTE! Oh my gosh!

Carolyn King said...

super cute Tosh! Love your doodling--you are so good!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs